Monday, May 27, 2013

Dittrick at Pecha Kucha Cleveland 2013


 
On last Friday night, I presented the Percy Skuy contraceptive collection at Pecha Kucha Cleveland, an event for architects, designers, artists, artisans, and many other creative folk, attended by 300+ at the House of Blues.  The invitation came from Aseem Garg, CWRU grad student interning with my daughter Patty at the Cleveland Museum of Art – he was sold after seeing my video from the Trojan Co., which aired in February.  We (12 presenters) each shared 20 slides, limited to just 20 seconds of commentary. If and when the Pecha Kucha video is available, I'll share. Best thing about the evening was sharing it with Patty and Ted, and then having several appreciative 20-somethings say "Man, you really nailed it!" -- and, I got to go first, so I could enjoy the rest of the evening's events. What a great load of super creative Clevelanders! Gives one ample hope for the city’s future.  And connecting the Dittrick to a younger audience is priceless.




Me at center, with Patty and Ted on my left

No comments:

Post a Comment